The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool checks Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Server 2003 computers for and helps remove infections by specific, prevalent malicious software; including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom. When the detection and removal process is complete, the tool displays a report describing the outcome, including which, if any, malicious software was detected and removed. The tool creates a log file named mrt.log in the %WINDIR%\debug folder.
Note The version of this tool delivered by Windows Update runs on your computer once a month, in the background. If an infection is found, the tool will display a status report the next time you start your computer. If you would like to run this tool more than once a month, run the version that is available from this Web page or use the version on the Malicious Software Removal Tool Web site.
- Norton Removal Tool 2009.0.5.26 Download
- Anti Spyware Definition Updates 1.37.1212
- Updating Software when the Latest is Available Using Clean Softs
- Free Spyware Detection and Removal Tools ver. 220.127.116.11
- Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 18.104.22.1680 – 18.01.09 Download
Software developer site
File size .