Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement, which supports several programming languages, running under the MS Windows environment. This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 api and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
The latest version of Notepad++ v5.0 has an improvement in startup and exit performance. If you’re used to using the Windows default Notepad, you will notice that Notepad++ is slightly slower. Other features that are added in Notepad++: Calltip capacity, HTML/XML tag match highlighting, menu commands can be added in context menu, rename and delete current document features, tooltips in document tab to display the full file name path and many more!
Notepad++ v5 fixed bugs and added features (from v4.9.2) :
1. Improve Notepad++ performance – on startup and on exit.
2. Add Calltip capacity.
3. Add HTML/XML tag match highlighting.
4. All the menu commands can be added in context menu, including plugins’ commands, macros and user defined commands.
5. Add bookmarked lines operations : delete all marked lines, copy all marked lines into clipboard, cut all marked lines into clipboard, paste from clipboard to replace all marked lines content.
6. Add rename and delete current document features.
7. Fix crash bug : Open files with date pre-1970.
and a lot more
- Download Notepad++ New Release v4.8.5
- Notepad++ Portable 5.4.4 for Easy Editing
- Easier Work with Notepad++
- Download Notepad++ 5.2
- Download Super Fast PDF Viewer Ver 0.8
Visit Notepad Plus
Software developer site
File size .