SplitFile is a handy software tool for user whose regularly sending files that has huge size. Using SpitFile user can easily split a big file into multiple smaller files and combine it again later. The software basic function allows user to handle data transfer in reasonable size to avoid truncated or data loss during transfer.
SplitFile’s goal is to split big file in smaller multiple segment to store them in floppy disks or CDs. The main feature if compared to other programs like this, is the ability to support very large files. The latest version has been reprogrammed to deliver improved performances if used with fast disks ( adjusting the read and write buffer up to 32 times the commonly used value).
SplitFile 1.7 FEATURES:
* A lot of size preset: not only standard ones (floppy and CD-R) but also uncommon ones (ZIP disk, 800MB CD-R, DVD-R)
* You can choose to split the file according to the desiderated size or to the number of parts you need
* Several units selectable (from bytes to GB). Only SplitFile let you split GB of data!
* You can choose the read/write buffer to improve performances (SplitFile’s exlusive feauture)
* You can pause the task
* Two (2) join methods: through the Graphical User Interface ( GUI ) of this program, or through an executable file that anyone can use, even if they do not have SplitFile.
* You can choose to be asked before overwriting a file that already exists
* You can directly Split/Join the files in a destination folder different from the source one(to easily find the files) and also on different drives (to speed up the process)
* It is freeware
- Download Unstoppable Copier 4 Test Version
- Free File Recovery from EASEUS V2.1.1
- File Extension Changer ver. 3.3
- Aptana Studio Community 2.0.5, the Well Designed IDE for Web Developer
- Memtest86 3.5 Download
Software developer site
File size 164 KB.