According to Ming-Chi Kuo, there will be a possibility the next-gen iPhone will have N90 tag on it. Futher more, he also said that Apple will also release the other iPhone with codename N91. This iPhone will be presented with less change to iPhone 3GS. And there will be a gap time within the release of iPhone N91 and iPhone 4G / HD / iPhone N90 / Mammoth’s announcement.
In the term of display, Kuo predicted that Apple will make upgrade in resolution in order to minimalize modifications from application developers as well as App Store (in next 2-3 yrs).
In other side, Kuo said that the next gen iPhone will have in-pane switching (IPS) panel that comes with fringe-field switching (FFS). This feature will make user get wider view angle and lower battery usage. This is an attempt from Apple to strengthen the other function of iPhone: e-book reader.
The possibility same A4 processor will be used by the next-gen iPhone that also similar to iPad, as the company has been working with Samsung and Intrinistry for their processor.
Now, we have known the official specs and features of iPhone 4 that had been announced by Steve Jobs in JUne 7th:
* Apple A4 processor
* thickness: 9.4mm (24% thinner than iPhone 3GS)
* Glass front and back; stainless steel edging.
* Retina Display, with 326 pixels per inch (960×640 pixels)
* The contrast ratio is 800:1 – 4x that of 3GS
* uses the same IPS tech as the iPad
* iPhone OS4; renamed to iOS 4
* 3-axis gyroscope (great for gaming)
* 5 megapixel camera with LED flash, 5x zoom, Tap to focus, and backside illuminated sensor for low light condition
* HD video recording (720p at 30fps)
* Front camera for video calling
* 32GB of flash storage
* uadband HSPA – 7.2mbps downlink, 5.8mbps uplink
* Battery: 7hrs 3G talktime, 6hrs 3G browsing, 10hrs WiFi browsing, 10hrs video, 40hrs music or 300 hrs standby
* accelerometer, compass, proximity and light sensors