Notepad++ is getting mature today. Recently the new version 4.6 is released and several new feature has been added.
Notepad++ v4.6 has the capacity to search and install the update package (if available) from Internet. GUP (Generic Updater for win32) project is made originally for Notepad++. During its conception, one idea came in my mind : if it can fit Notepad++, it can fit any Windows program.
Notepad++ v4.6 fixed bugs and added features (from v4.5) :
- Add Notepad++ self-update capacity (optional).
- Fix save file dialog crash issue.
- Fix the crash issue while the length of config.xml is zero.
- Change the behaviour : When file is deleted from outside and switch back to Notepad++, user will be asked if he want to keep this file. If he answer yes, he will not be asked in the next time.
- Change Window title from “Notepad++ – file path” to “file path – Notepad++”
- Fix Run dialog bug: the executable file won’t be executed even it is between the double quot.
- Add open relative file path from command line feature.
- Fix the crash issue when open a file which does not exist anymore from RFL (if its path exceed certain length).
- Fix the bug that the title doesn’t be updated while file status changed and updated.